Re: Final(?) patch for server sockets and datagram (UDP) support.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Final(?) patch for server sockets and datagram (UDP) support.
Date: 14 Mar 2002 14:35:16 +0100

>     I'm not saying we should rename everything now to fix this, but I
>     think it would help if the start of the "make-network-process" doc
>     string immediately disclaimed any relationship to a unix process.
>
> That would be a good idea.

I've added this to the doc string:

In emacs, network connections are represented by process objects, so
input and output work as for subprocesses and `delete-process' closes
a network connection.  However, a network process has no process id,
it cannot be signalled, and the status codes are different from normal
processes.