ocrdiff

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: ocrdiff
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 02:06:03 -0700 (MST)

As I thought, ocrdiff starts from compare-windows
and takes it a step further.  It seems like a good idea.
I've often used compare-windows together with other
Emacs commands to do this job, but a program like
yours could make it more convenient.

My one complaint is that the commands are completely
different from the usual Emacs editing commands.
This feature would be far better if they were coherent.

Here is an idea: the "forward" commands would operate on the current
buffer as usual, while the usual "backward" commands would move the
other buffer's cursor forward.  For instance, C-f would move this
cursor forward and C-b would move the other cursor forward.
This could be extended to all the Emacs cursor motion commands
since they all come in such pairs.  And it would be trivially easy
to remember.

I do not see that this relates to ediff, but it might be useful
for ediff to have a command that lets you merge two versions
of a hunk using this method.