Re: Updates to configure for make-network-process

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Updates to configure for make-network-process
Date: 20 Mar 2002 00:35:31 +0100

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
>
> > How would you verify the features without defining them?
>
> Define them locally, and fix the problems before checking in. But I
> see it is already changed, so it might as well stay like that until
> someone gets time to implement wrappers for these functions on Windows.
>
> > Having them defined is not supposed to change anything
>
> Having them defined does change things. It is now necessary to link
> against a library that is not present on all versions of Windows,
> which previous code has made a lot of effort to accommodate. It is
> also necessary to specify extra link options to allow the library to
> co-exist with the overridden functions already present in Emacs.

I wasn't aware of this, and the feedback I got didn't indicate
any such problems.

I tried looking at the existing wrappers, and I think I could add the
missing functions -- but I have no way of testing it.

If I understand the code correctly, I have to define the wrappers in w32.c
and add the new functions to nt/inc/socket.h.  I assume I can use e.g.
sys_connect as a skeleton for the new wrappers.  Anything else I need
to be aware of?