Re: cd - in shell buffers does not work any more

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: cd - in shell buffers does not work any more
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 10:50:39 +0100

       If I type `cd -' in a shell buffer I get an error:

       cd: No such directory found via CDPATH environment variable

   Tht is very strange, since it seems to be an error from the shell.  (I
   don't know what `cd -' is supposed to do.)

cd - swaps the two top entries in the cd history stack of the shell.
Basically, it brings you to the dir where you have last been.

Anyway, it is true that it is a strange error.  For that emacs, I can
reliably make it crash really simply with shell.el:

emacs -q
M-x shell RET
C-d              --> signal 11

GNU Emacs 21.2.50.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
2002-03-20 on pot.cnuce.cnr.it

I am updating from the latest sources before investigating that.