Re: emacs mode for gdb using GDB/MI

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs mode for gdb using GDB/MI
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:39:20 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Nick Roberts wrote:

> It would be desirable have symbols to mark breakpoints and the current
> location.

Agreed.

In addition, some GUI front-ends to debuggers mark the locations of
breakpoints and the current execution line with thin horizontal lines
drawn across the scroll bar (this makes getting to those places by
dragging the scroll-bar thumb a whole lot easier).  I'm not saying Emacs
should have the exact same implementation, but perhaps something similar.

> Perhaps these things are possible in Emacs 21 with its image support Emacs
> 21.
> The fringe might be a suitable place to put them
>
> However, while I have frequently experimented with the lisp interface of
> Emacs,
> I'm not familiar with its C code so this part would be outside my scope.

It would be nice to have a Lisp API to put images on the fringe, I think.