Re: irepeat.el - repeat through history data FAST

From: Kevin A. Burton
Subject: Re: irepeat.el - repeat through history data FAST
Date: 27 Mar 2002 23:26:01 -0800

Alex Schroeder <address@hidden> writes:

> I think, because the list of symbols is easy to obtain and reasonably fast to
> search (unlike the list of existing files).  Thus there perhaps, a transparent
> replacement would be the right thing to do.

A transparent replacemet would be great.

> Maybe we should add it to Emacs, then let people offer ways to use it
> (ie. write functions which use irepeat to do useful stuff), and then let us
> consider wether we want to add those to Emacs.  BTW irepeat comes with some
> examples, and some of these use the semantic package which is not part of
> Emacs, yet.  So perhaps we just want to take the core of irepeat and add it to
> Emacs instead of adding the whole list of functions using it.  Thus we add
> irepeat and helpers, which is an alternative to completing-read for elisp
> authors.  That seems like a good first step to me.

I would rather stabilize irepeat first.  It is too early to talk about making
this a standard part of emacs.

- --
Kevin A. Burton ( address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden )
        Jabber - address@hidden,  Web - http://relativity.yi.org/

For evil to win, is for good men to do nothing.
       - Winston Churchill.
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)