Re: UDP/DNS in Emacs

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: UDP/DNS in Emacs
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 18:54:48 +0200

> I agree with Eli that it is a bad idea to delete spam under the
> control of ORBS.

Well, ORBS is dead now (and so is ORBZ), but there are similar
services going still.

But this isn't really about deleting spam in a Gnus context.  Gnus
splits incoming mail into different groups based on various rules
given by the user.  What I'm building now is a convenient way for
users to split mail into a "spam" group using various methods.  The
user will determine themselves which bits to use.  There's a
white-list (of addresses explicitly allowed through), a black-list
(the inverse), these RBL things, Vipul's Razor (sha1 digests on
message bodies), and so on.

The user will construct predicates that say how to use these things.

(or blacklist-p
    (and (not whitelist-p)
         (or (> rbl 4)
             vipul-p)))

To say that something is to be split into the "spam" group if it's
on the blacklist, and it's not on the whitelist, and more than 4
rbl's have deemed the relays to be open, or vipul has marked the
message contents to be spam.

And so on.

   address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen