Re: UDP/DNS in Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: UDP/DNS in Emacs
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 14:38:07 -0500

> From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.devel
> Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 18:54:48 +0200
>
> But this isn't really about deleting spam in a Gnus context.  Gnus
> splits incoming mail into different groups based on various rules
> given by the user.  What I'm building now is a convenient way for
> users to split mail into a "spam" group using various methods.

My point is that basing this on the sender's ISP is a bad idea, one
that unduly discriminates people who don't have much choice but to use
whatever ISPs are available to them.  What does my ISP have got to do
with the content of my messages?  Why should my mail get labeled as
spam just because my ISP's server happened to be caught red-handed by
ORBS and its ilk at some point?