Re: Question about copy-region-as-kill

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Question about copy-region-as-kill
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 01:21:29 -0700

> If most uses of text yanking want this rule, I think it makes sense
> to have it globally enabled.  Lisp programs which don't want that
> can always remove the properties before inserting the text.

How can I control the behavior of C-y?

>> In the majority of cases, I think property copying is the wrong
>> thing to do.

> FWIW, my impression is exactly the opposite.

Well, I can't say much except that I've been bitten by copying them,
but haven't noticed the value of the flipside much.

Anyway, Emacs is all about flexibility, and not requiring a particular
modus just because "it's always done that".  How about that
buffer-local variable?

John