Re: Question about copy-region-as-kill

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: Question about copy-region-as-kill
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 01:03:29 +0200

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> And whether these are stripped at kill or yank, I don't care.  I just
> don't want read-only copied around when I kill text from Eshell, and
> then yank it into an e-mail message!

Right.  Another example: When you use Colin's ibuffer.el and copy some
text from there (such as the file name of a buffer), it will have a
local keymap with totally weird mappings (eg. for RET and other common
keys) and it not entirely obvious how to get rid of them.

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/