Re: update-game-score

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: update-game-score
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:43:07 +0300

> From: Colin Walters <address@hidden>
> Date: 11 Apr 2002 03:06:30 -0400
>
> On Sat, 2002-04-06 at 19:18, Colin Walters wrote:
>
> > Yeah. I imagine some system-dependent ifdefs will sneak in there.  But
> > at this point, it's still very much a work in progress...
>
> Ok, I've committed the changes necessary to use it, and it seems to
> work.  I'm not particularly satisfied with the implementation at this
> point; the lib-src/Makefile has the names of the game score files
> hardcoded, and "~/.emacs.d/games" is known to both gamegrid.el and
> update-game-score.c.

How about keeping the old code, both in gamegrid.el and in games that
use it, for non-Posix platforms that don't care about security
(Windows and MS-DOS)?  That would avoid the need to figure out where
to put the score files on systems where ${prefix}/var/games/emacs
cannot be taken for granted (and therefore creating files there at
"make install" time might not succeed).