Re: locate-file in Emacs

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: locate-file in Emacs
Date: 18 Apr 2002 22:54:43 +0900

Hrvoje Niksic <address@hidden> writes:
> > Well, I was wondering if it was possible to get XEmacs to adopt it
> > as well ;-)
>
> That would break backward compatibility, which is fairly important in
> this case because I've already changed the interface once.  (But I've
> kept the compatibility with the old interface.)

Why would this matter?  All existing user code would continue to work,
and if an independent package author wanted to maintain compatibility
with old versions of xemacs, he could just not use the new feature...
[Clearly all internal code can do whatever it wants.]

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche