Re: line-move-finish (simple.el) hangs on invisible&intangible text.

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: line-move-finish (simple.el) hangs on invisible&intangible text.
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:46:15 +0200

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:44:53 -0600 (MDT), Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
wrote:

> What version of Emacs are you using?

21.2.50, straight from the CVS HEAD. Compiled on Windows XP with Visual
Studio.

On my machine/configuration the problem is perfectly repeatable. I put
the cursor on the first non-title line of any Info page, move the cursor
to a column > 0, do <up> to go to the empty line between the title and
the page text (which is not really empty, because it has
invisible&intangible text), and Emacs loops forever on line-move-finish.

Tracing the function, the problem seems to be that move-to-column moves
the cursor to the next line.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u