Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-dat

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-date)
Date: 20 Apr 2002 21:22:36 +0900

> As for buffers, I disagree that it's unused in the context used by
> Emacs.  I've seen several editors that do the same.

And anyway, buffers are _not_ the same as `files' or `documents', and
indeed, the name quite accurately describes what it does (and
corresponds directly to the concept of a buffer you say you're used to
doing OS work).  Sometimes there's a one-to-one correspondence between
buffers and files, but quite often there's not.  Once a user learns
about this, he can use this advantage.

-Miles
--
Saa, shall we dance?  (from a dance-class advertisement)