Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-dat

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-date)
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 10:44:01 +0200

Hrvoje Niksic <address@hidden> writes:

> I assume HCI stands for "Human-Computer Interaction".

Yes.

> If so, what standards are you referring to?

The "current standards" are basically what most software do today,
i.e. what users expect, which means dialog boxes (and partly
formalized by CUA and the Apple style guide, but I'm not using
standard in that sense of the word).

However, the "current standards" change all the time, and it would be
more fun to try to reach the point they are moving towards, rather
than at the point where they used to be.