Re: line-move-finish (simple.el) hangs on invisible&intangible text.

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: line-move-finish (simple.el) hangs on invisible&intangible text.
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 14:05:05 -0300

> It's not clear to me that move-to-column behaves incorrectly.  AFAIU, it
> tries to place point outside a run of characters with intangible property.
> That's what I'd expect it to do.

According to specs, if asked to move the cursor to a row greater than
the number of visible rows in the line, it should put it on the last
character of the line. I fail to see how puting the cursor on the next
line can be a sensible behavior for a function called move-to-column :)

--
Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>