Re: Make GUI look better

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Make GUI look better
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:33:23 +0200

"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:

> I think the GUI was made to look similar to the Motif default, I can't
> tell the difference if I have two Emacsen next to each other, one with
> Motif and one with Lucid menubars.  Motif defaults have been considered
> a bit "heavy" by users used to some other look.

I think Motif does not necessarily mean that the 3d relief effect
needs to be so high.  FWIW, I think that the CDE implementation on
Solaris 2.6 uses a very "flat" look, like the new look proposed by
Pavel.  (Netscape 4.x looks different under Solaris CDE than under
Solaris OpenWindows: under CDE its scrollbar is "flat", under
OpenWindows the scrollbar is "high".)

I vote for the new flat look.

kai
--