Re: Buffers menu question

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Buffers menu question
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:55:42 -0600 (MDT)

    I changed the `Buffers' menu to not display directory names with
    buffers if uniquify is active -- this is because uniquify will add
    parts of the directory name itself, at least until buffer names are
    unique.

That seems right to me.

    However, this may not be the right thing; perhaps I should just add a
    separate variable to control whether directory names are displayed in
    the menu, e.g., `buffers-menu-include-directories' or something.

Having uniquify automatically turn this off is good.  Users might
perhaps want to be able to turn it off even if they do not use
uniquify.  Adding that feature might be nice (though I am not sure it is
worth adding).  But don't remove the one you just added.