Re: C-l while in menu?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: C-l while in menu?
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 00:07:34 -0600 (MDT)

    No.  No user will press two keys plus a letter to get a menu ;) To solve
    the question you have to take a decision first: do you want to provide
    menus for new users (new but already familiar with some sort of GUI) or
    for old users quite familiar with Emacs?

It is not just a matter of serving old users, but also providing the
efficient facilities of Emacs for new users who want to learn them.
Therefore, my decision is that we will not use Meta-letters as menu
accelerators in Emacs.  M-f will continue to forward-word by default.