Re: CC (was: Re: kill ring menu)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: CC (was: Re: kill ring menu)
Date: 30 Apr 2002 00:31:25 +0900

Benjamin Rutt <address@hidden> writes:
> Is there a difference between Mail-Followups-To and Mail-Followup-To?
> I've only ever used the latter to try to let some MUAs know that I
> want followups to the list only.

The Gnus manual only mentions `Followups-To:' -- however it only uses
that headers for news, not mail.

> I thought this was for usenet only, to prevent receiving "courtesy
> copies".  How is it useful for mail?

Gnus always respects such a header; if it finds one, it won't include
the author of the message you're replying to in your reply.  If you're
sending news, this only matters when you also send `courtesy copies',
but if you're sending mail, it's actually more important, since
followups include the sender by default.

-Miles
--
"Most attacks seem to take place at night, during a rainstorm, uphill,
 where four map sheets join."   -- Anon. British Officer in WW I