Re: Insert Euro symbol

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Insert Euro symbol
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 09:44:58 -0400

> Do you think a C-x 9 series of bindings, paralleling C-x 8 but in
> Latin-9 instead of Latin-1, would be useful?  (What about the poor
> Latin-2 folks, though?)

I think the answer is that there should be some way to bind
a (prefix) key to an input-method.  E.g. C-x 8 would be bound
to latin-1-prefix or something along the same lines.

I don't know how much work would be involved, tho.
Also from the C-x 8 example, it seems that just using latin-1-prefix
would not be good enough (after all, C-x 8 allows both e' and 'e
so it is more like a combination of prefix and postfix).

        Stefan