Re: kill ring menu

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: kill ring menu
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 23:34:04 -0600 (MDT)

    Ah -- I use transient-mark-mode, which makes the dynamics of such things
    different.  I think with TMM active, it would be useful behavior, but I
    can see that it would probably suck if TMM wasn't active...  Would this
    make sense as `transient-mark-mode only' behavior?

I don't think it makes sense for M-y to be THAT different in Transient
Mark mode.  It would be much better to use a different interface, one
that would be ok to use in both modes.

Perhaps C-u M-y should do one of these features.