Re: TCP sockets in Windows

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: TCP sockets in Windows
Date: 06 May 2002 00:17:00 +0200

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I've patched sys_accept (in w32.c) to prevent a crash because a
> > parameter was being shadowed by a local variable. Still, I'm unable to
> > get make-network-process and friends to work in Windows. Is that
> > supposed to work, or it is still in development?
>
> It should work now.  I've just added an emulation of fcntl to w32.c to
> add :nowait support on Windows and make :server sockets usable.

Jason,
Thank you for making the enhanced networking code work on Windows.

This should make it possible to write a generic emacs server
in lisp which works across all platforms (i.e. only an emacs client
program will be needed).

Has anyone looked into doing that yet?

If not, I guess it should be added to the TODO list.