Re: Enhancements to options menu (was Re: Reveal mode)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Enhancements to options menu (was Re: Reveal mode)
Date: 06 May 2002 15:30:20 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> The one option per package goal seems an impossible one--just pick up
> any Emacs package and try to decide what would be that single option
> you will show.  I'm unable to do that, FWIW: too many are useful.

That's true in general, but for packages which can be `enabled or
disabled' (e.g. global minor modes), this would be a very good way to
present them.

That's how I interpreted Kim's suggestion -- the `short list' would
allow one to enable or disable various features, and the [advanced]
button would jump to the ordinary custom page where one could change the
details of how the feature works.

-Miles
--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?