Re: kill ring menu

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: kill ring menu
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 13:32:12 -0600 (MDT)

    I assert (without any statistics) that the vast majority of users put
    (global-font-lock-mode 1) in their ~/.emacs file (thereby loading
    font-lock.el), and expect fontification in every mode, while the
    remaining portion don't want any fontification at all.

I don't think so.  I expect there are many users like me who find
Font-Lock mode strange and/or slow in programs, and thus do not turn
it on, but appreciate the fontification of some special buffers.  I
don't want to turn that off.