Re: Apropos commands and regexps

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Apropos commands and regexps
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:22:31 +0300

> From: address@hidden
> Date: 17 May 2002 00:28:58 +0200
>
> > Isn't `igrep' an exception rather than a rule?  That is, can you find
> > many more examples like this?
>
> ibuffer, iswitchb, kmacro, woman, ...

iswitchb doesn't really belong here.

Anyway, the reason I asked is that I'm afraid this rule will bring
many false hits, and I think we should beware of that as the plague.

I'd suggest to consider a list of synonyms instead: `buffer' could
have `ibuffer' and `iswitchb' listed there, for example.  If that list
is maintained by a human, we can make sure it does TRT during
searches.