strange keymap bugs

From: Colin Walters
Subject: strange keymap bugs
Date: 19 May 2002 01:49:35 -0400

Hi,

I'm hoping a keymap guru can track this one down for me:

emacs -q --no-site-file
M-x ibuffer

Then go to the "Operate" menu.  On my system, the option which should be
labeled "Kill" (`ibuffer-do-delete') is instead labeled "Apply Patch".

This has actually been happening for quite a while (like months), but I
kept thinking it was some weirdness on my system or a bug in ibuffer.
I'm now pretty sure it's not either of those.

And, even stranger, move point up to the "[ Default ]" filter group
name, and pull down the "Operate" menu again.  On my system, the
toplevel "Operate", "View", and "Mark" menus now each contain themselves
as two submenus!

The "[ Default ]" filter group name *does* have a `keymap' property; but
this is just supposed to override those specific entries in the buffer's
local map, correct?