Re: & requires l-value

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: & requires l-value
Date: 21 May 2002 18:20:28 +0900

Ken Raeburn <address@hidden> writes:
> > That code seems kind of dodgy to me though; it seems cleaner to just
> > make the `tail' field in enumfont_t a normal Lisp_Object that points to
> > either Qnil or a cons cell, and do the list splicing doing XSETCDR (it
> > has a pointer to the head of the list anyway, so the nil case isn't a
> > problem).
>
> This is the better approach, even though it requires a little work.

It looks like _very_ little work, actually -- there's only two places
that actually seem to reference the `tail' field.

Morever, that seems to be the only place left in emacs that takes the
address of XCAR/XCDR, so I'd say it's well worth doing.  I'd do it,
since it's so easy, but perhaps it's better left to the w32 maintainer,
who can test it.

-Miles
--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.