Re: address@hidden: Re: Problem sending bigger mails with CVS Gnus + CVS

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: Problem sending bigger mails with CVS Gnus + CVS Emacs]
Date: 21 May 2002 21:32:00 +0100

I am unable to reproduce the problem (I tried sending up to 8.5MB
with smtpmail.el, but it succeeded), so it would help if one of you
could debug this further.

The best way to approach this to start with is to set a breakpoint in
sys_write() in w32.c on the line (3548 in CVS version 1.75) that
reads...

          DebPrint(("sys_read.send failed with error %d on socket %ld\n",
                    pfn_WSAGetLastError (), SOCK_HANDLE (fd)));

If that line is not hit, we know that the problem is occurring at a
higher level.  If it is hit, then it would be useful to know what
error is occurring.  I'm not sure if gdb hooks into DebPrint system
calls, so you may need to check the value of h_errno after that line
has executed.

If you updated from CVS recently, you may need to back out to
2002-05-18 to get w32fns.c to compile.