Color Setup in Emacs

From: Arne Claassen
Subject: Color Setup in Emacs
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 17:02:10 -0700

I thought it was a bug with the MacOS X build, but noticed the same on my linux box.

If i use my .emacs file to set up colors like:

(set-background-color "DarkSlateGray")
(set-foreground-color "Wheat")

and then open a new window, via C-X 5 2, then the next window comes up in the app default colors... Under linux, i can permanently set the colors via .Xdefaults.

So is this a bug that the .emacs preferences don't carry forward, or where is the proper place to set up colors?

thanks,
arne