Re: kill ring menu

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: kill ring menu
Date: 04 Jun 2002 21:50:46 -0400

On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 21:22, Miles Bader wrote:

> It seems odd that O2's real `face'
> property should be ignored in favor of O1's mere alias in that case.

I don't see it as particularly odd; I view the aliases as being
functionally equivalent to the actual properties when they're in effect.

If you wanted O2's "real" face property to override O1's "aliased" face
property, then it seems to me you'd do that in the same way you would
handle two overlays with "real" face properties; by setting the
`priority' property of the overlays.