Re: problems with b2m, M-x unrmail

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: problems with b2m, M-x unrmail
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 17:44:19 -0600 (MDT)

    I've written a Perl script, b2m.pl, to provide the same functionality
    as b2m.c and M-x unrmail while addressing all of the problems listed
    above.  It is attached to this message.  I'd be happy to have you
    distribute it as part of GNU Emacs instead of, or in addition to, the
    b2m C program.  I will maintain it if you do so.

Thanks.  We are planning to make Rmail use inbox format, and when that
happens, lots of Rmail users will want to do this conversion.  Having
a better program to do it is therefore very desirable.

I don't know Perl and I could not maintain this, but since you are
willing to maintain it, we can use it, provided you sign legal papers
for it.

Please email the following information to address@hidden, and we
will send you the assignment form that covers your program.

Please use your full legal name (in ASCII characters) as the subject
line of the message.

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing?]
b2m.pl (for Emacs)

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else into the
program?  Even if that material is free software, we need to know
about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[What country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your postal address here.]