Re: Patch to disable links line in *info* buffer

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Re: Patch to disable links line in *info* buffer
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 06:17:07 +0200

> The unhidden node line only takes up space until you scroll down in
> the buffer.  By contrast, the header line takes up space all the time.
> If space is the concern, we should try to get rid of the header line.

This is what I thought at first, too.  But as Miles explained, most
people might like such a permanent navigation bar -- most web pages are
cluttered with it.

> Getting rid of the header line would solve that too.  Maybe getting
> rid of the header line is an improvement all around.

To avoid the so called "display bug" (same visible info twice) the
proposal was to make look both lines different.  We can achive this
goal replacing "Next: ", "Prev: ", and  "Up: " with graphical elements
("-> ", "<- ", and "^ " or real arrows if supported).

Arguable enhancement proposal: repeat the navigation bar at the end of
every node page.

--
address@hidden (work) / address@hidden (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o