Re: Is it just me, or did 21.3.50 get a whole lot slower?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Is it just me, or did 21.3.50 get a whole lot slower?
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:17:57 +0300 (IDT)

On 18 Jun 2002, D. Goel wrote:

> it seems that when things get slow, everything gets slow.. it seems to
> take emacs a minute to even recognize a C-n ...

Is it really a minute, or just ``too long to wait''?

If it really takes a minute, I'd first try to see if your system runs out
of physical memory and starts paging.  Do you see amy significant disk
activity during this time?

Also, please set garbage-collection-messages non-nil and see if GC is
happening during those periods of slow-down.