Re: Results of C-x C-q poll

From: Andre Spiegel
Subject: Re: Results of C-x C-q poll
Date: 07 Jul 2002 11:54:25 +0200

On Sun, 2002-07-07 at 00:04, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> But then again, maybe just popping a message is enough,
> and I'll just have to get used to hitting `C-x v v' (instead of
> C-x C-q) in order to make my VC-controlled buffers writable.

I will install such a change.  Although I like the C-x C-q binding very
much, I think I have to agree with Richard that removing it (and only
displaying a message) is the solution that does the best to reconcile
the conflicting opinions.

For those die-hard C-x C-q users (and I'm one of them), there will still
be the option to bind it to vc-toggle-read-only, which will continue to
exist.