Re: BINDING_STACK_SIZE => SPECPDL_INDEX

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: BINDING_STACK_SIZE => SPECPDL_INDEX
Date: 12 Jul 2002 12:16:14 +0200

> On Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:08:58 -0400, "Stefan Monnier"
> <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > But the count -> index|spix|... switch is just plain silly

Changes which can improve the maintainablility of the code are not silly.
You may not want them, and we may decide against them,  but that doesn't
make them silly.

It seems that some emacs hackers have a habit of keeping big thunks of
changes locally for a long time...   That's fine, but doing so should
not prevent others from maintaining the code in CVS.

> Hmm... Not really. There are six or seven different names for the same
> concept through the code. Unifying them would be useful, if only to make
> understanding simpler for newcomers (like me).

Exactly my experience.