Re: emacsclient and find-alternate-file: newbie will be sorry

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: emacsclient and find-alternate-file: newbie will be sorry
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 09:22:24 -0600 (MDT)

    I called emacsclient from debian's reportbug.  After a while thought
    that since I had pasted things from an emacs *Help* buffer, in order
    to get rid of their underlinings etc. at least to make sure what the
    file really looks like, i did C-x C-s C-x C-v, well, first is asks me
    if i want to kill the waiting [reportbug command], i say no and
    continue on editing until a final C-x # upon which time a *loss*
    buffer appears etc. ... etc.

That is a very strange thing to do, but I figured out some ways
to make the results better.  Thanks.