Re: address@hidden: Re: address@hidden: emacs-21.2.90 on HP 11.0]]

From: Tom Wurgler
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: address@hidden: emacs-21.2.90 on HP 11.0]]
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 09:47:09 -0400 (EDT)

I see at the end of this note that Richard took out using SA_RESTART on
HP-UX.  Richard, do you have a patch for that fix?  I'll be glad to try it
out...
Thanks again for all the hard work.

rms> From address@hidden  Sat Jul 13 10:20:41 2002
rms> Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 08:20:32 -0600 (MDT)
rms> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
rms> To: address@hidden
rms> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden,
rms>         address@hidden, address@hidden,
rms>         address@hidden, address@hidden
rms> In-reply-to: <address@hidden>
rms>    (message from Stef Van Vlierberghe on Fri, 12 Jul 2002 22:51:11 +0200)
rms> Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: address@hidden: emacs-21.2.90 on HP
rms>     11.0]]
rms> Reply-to: address@hidden
rms>
rms>     Unix standardization is really getting nowhere, it seems that the only
rms>     hope that is left is that Linux might replace them all...
rms>
rms> Linux is just a kernel.  If you're talking about replacing Unix with
rms> another similar system that can work with Linux, that system is GNU.
rms> See http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html.
rms>
rms>     This describes the dummy restart that does not decrement the timer not
rms>     as a bug but as a feature :
rms>
rms> How silly of them.  Anyway, I installed code to turn off use of
rms> SA_RESTART on HPUX.
rms>
rms> Thanks.