8 bit input chars on tty broken

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: 8 bit input chars on tty broken
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 08:56:25 -0400

  I got a new CVS build running a couple days ago ( after
  running 21.1.x for quite some time.  In the transition, 8 bit input
  chars on a TTY lost  their meta-ness.  Thus, I press ALT-X which
  creates an 8 bit character, and it inserts a circle with a line
  through it instead of providing my favorite prompt.

  I looked through NEWS on input methods, but saw nothing indicating
  such a change.  I checked my input methods (after learning what
  they were) and it appears that I am running with full defaults

  I also used apropos to look up input methods, 8 bit, and a few
  other things but didn't see a configuration variable for this new

  I retested in 21.1, and 21.2 and they work fine.  ALT-X in an X
  version of the same Emacs also works fine.

GNU Emacs (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2002-07-16 on choochoo

          Eric Ludlam:                 address@hidden, address@hidden
   Home: www.ultranet.com/~zappo            Siege: www.siege-engine.com
Emacs: http://cedet.sourceforge.net               GNU: www.gnu.org