Re: emacs and guile (Re: ehelp woes, or why I hate a module that I love

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: emacs and guile (Re: ehelp woes, or why I hate a module that I love so much)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 18:35:09 -0600 (MDT)

    For additional fields, there is 'make-object-property'.  This function
    returns a procedure-with-setter so that can you do, for example,

        (define symbol-foo (make-object-property))

        (symbol-foo 'x)
        => #f
        (set! (symbol-foo 'x) 123)
        (symbol-foo 'x)
        => 123

    make-object-property is implemented with a hash table of alists.

If Emacs needs any more than the function and the plist,
we should provide additional slots in the symbol itself,
or a facility to for an application that uses Guile to request
more of them.