Re: redisplay probs

From: Tak Ota
Subject: Re: redisplay probs
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 18:12:08 -0700 (PDT)

The following patch fixed at least the problem you reported however it
is quite useless since I still have other redisplay problems that I
cannot precisely characterize their conditions.  One thing seems to be
sure that if buffer_unchanged_p is set to 0 permanently all the
problem disappears.  Does buffer_unchanged_p worth introduction?

-Tak

*** ../../pure/emacs-21.3.50/src/xdisp.c        Fri Jul 19 07:15:41 2002
--- xdisp.c     Fri Jul 19 17:20:50 2002
***************
*** 10369,10375 ****
       not moved off the frame.  */
    if (buffer_unchanged_p
        && (rc = try_cursor_movement (window, startp, &temp_scroll_step),
!         rc != CURSOR_MOVEMENT_CANNOT_BE_USED))
      {
        switch (rc)
        {
--- 10369,10376 ----
       not moved off the frame.  */
    if (buffer_unchanged_p
        && (rc = try_cursor_movement (window, startp, &temp_scroll_step),
!         rc != CURSOR_MOVEMENT_CANNOT_BE_USED)
!       && (XFASTINT (w->column_number_displayed) == (int) current_column ()))
      {
        switch (rc)
        {