Re: Easy keybinding

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Easy keybinding
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:24:54 -0600 (MDT)

    > Do you mean that the user keeps the button pressed down
    > and types a key, in order to set that key?

    Exactly.  I just tested this with Galeon, this is the way it works.

    Additionally, it is also possible to press, then release, the mouse
    button over the menu bar and to select the menu entry without any
    button pressed.  Then clicking a button invokes that menu entry.
    Here, also, the user can hit a key while the menu entry is
    highlighted (ie, before last step of clicking the button).

    Both possibilities would work for Emacs, too, it seems.

Yes, I think they would.  If someone implements it cleanly, I would
support installing the feature.