Re: desktop.el problem [Re: X-Symbol 4.0e; Emacs port (fwd)]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: desktop.el problem [Re: X-Symbol 4.0e; Emacs port (fwd)]
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 12:52:23 -0600 (MDT)

    The printed representation is just a multibyte sequence
    starting by a new leading code assigned at the time of
    defining the charset.

    This new leading code can't be treated as valid in the next
    session until the charset is defined in the same way as the
    previous session.

This is a serious problem.  It ought to be fixed.  One possible fix is
to change print.c to use a hex escape for these characters.

I will write the code if you tell me how to test for a character that
is in a nonstandard character set.