IRC client for Emacs

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: IRC client for Emacs
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 18:01:44 +0200

I would like to add ERC -- the Emacs IRC Client -- to Emacs.

Mario Lang and I decided some time ago to take ERC and tinker with it.
Mario is now maintaining it.  It started out as a project by Alexander
L. Belikoff, was then maintained by Sergey Berezin, and finally picked
up by us.  A few weeks ago (before gnu.org problems) I was finally
able to locate Alexander and he agreed to sign papers.  If you agree
that having an IRC client as part of Emacs is a good thing, then I
will track down all the other contributors and ask them to sign
papers.  Before I do that, however, I would like to know wether ERC
will be added if I do all that.  I would be happy to provide more
information on ERC and IRC if required.

Alex.