Re: Emacs Lisp and Guile

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp and Guile
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 21:54:26 -0600 (MDT)

    > I am not interested in hosting Emacs on Common Lisp
    > because that would require adding far too much to it.

    I do not understand the statement -- what does "it" refer to, and why
    is there stuff to add -- and what does is added, size or functionality
    or complexity?

I am sorry.  My point was that Common Lisp would be an undesirably
large addition to Emacs.  I have never greatly admired Common Lisp
having implemented it once.

(Also, Scheme is the standard GNU extensibility language and has been
for many years.  The decision was made long ago, and I am not interested
in reconsidering it.)