Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 23:26:39 -0600 (MDT)

    Personally, I think that the global-mode-string information is more
    important to me than the modes, and this new change is exactly
    opposite my priorities.  I think that most people would probably agree
    with me.  Can we have a survey of some sort to decide whether to keep
    this change?

This seems like the right sort of question for a poll.