Re: Emacs with X11 on Mac OS X

From: Andrew Choi
Subject: Re: Emacs with X11 on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:54:36 -0600

> I'm trying to get an Emacs with X11 support to run under Mac OS X
> (10.1).  [...] So, I checked out the code in CVS this morning, which
> makes it through 'configure', anyway, but dies during 'make
> bootstrap', with conflicting symbols in macterm.h and xterm.h.
>
> So, does anyone have advice on how to proceed?  Have others built
> Emacs with X11 support for OS X?  [...]

>From the file mac/INSTALL:

If you are building Emacs to run on Mac OS X and X Window, you need to
create a directory containing statically-linked X libraries.

  sudo mkdir /usr/X11R6/libstatic
  cd /usr/X11R6/libstatic
  sudo ln -s ../lib/lib*.a ../lib/X11 .

Instead of typing `./configure' above, type

  ./configure --without-carbon --with-x --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/libstatic