Re: occur-mode-hook run too early to be useful

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: occur-mode-hook run too early to be useful
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 17:25:56 +0200

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:11:37 -0400, "Stefan Monnier"
<monnier+gnu/address@hidden> wrote:

> No. `occur-mode' in an interactive function.
> Oops, scratch that:
> Yes, except that `occur-mode' should be an interactive function.

:)

> Maybe you're right.  But how about
>
>       M-x occur RET foo RET
>       M-x some-other-mode RET
>       M-x occur-mode RET

You're right, I hadn't thought of that because I almost never do that
kind of thing.

> I switch major modes like that sometimes in order to get a particular
> kind of font-lock highlighting, or some particular set of key-bindings.
> I must admit that I'm not convinced it's very compelling in the case of
> an occur buffer.

Not only is not very compelling, it doesn't work right now with
occur-mode :)

(After adding an interactive declaration to occur-mode:)

M-x occur "whatever"
C-x o
M-x text-mode
M-x occur-mode