Re: please consider emacs-unicode for pervasive changes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: please consider emacs-unicode for pervasive changes
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 20:22:10 -0400

    > What non-Unicode characters do you mean?  In the Unicode version, the
    > only non-Unicode characters Emacs supports will be Han characters.

    I'm not sure whether you mean you'll veto anything else or I don't
    know what I'm talking about.

I don't know why the IPA, Korean, Vietnamese, Indian, Arabic and
Ethiopic character sets exist in the Unicode branch.  I thought the
plan was to unify everything into Unicode except Han characters.

Handa, has that plan been changed?  Is there a reason why these should
not or cannot be unified?  Have you not finished unifying them?