Re: VC and select-safe-coding-system

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: VC and select-safe-coding-system
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 19:34:07 -0400

    Maybe this bug was "fixed" since my original report by renaming the backup
    file back to its non-backup name in case of an abort by the user.

I had forgotten making that change.
That might indeed have fixed it.

    But I think the problem of having a "temporarily missing file" should
    be fixed as well (there will always be such a time-window anyway, but
    we should make it shorter by making sure we don't prompt the user during
    this time).

That may require substantial rearrangement.  Anyone want to see how much?